Cook, share and enjoy!
Get inspired with some of our delicious
recipes made with yogurt and bring an extra
taste to your everyday.
Chilled Lemon Yogurt Cake with Creamy Yellow Filling
IngredientsNonstick cooking spray for baking
2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup light olive oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon lemon flavoring
1 cup Dannon® All Natural Plain Lowfat Yogurt
1 4 serving size vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1/2 cup milk
1 6-ounce carton Dannon® Lemon-flavored Yogurt
1/3 cup marshmallow creme
2 tablespoons limoncello liqueur (optional)
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Fresh strawberries or raspberries
DirectionsPrep: 40 minutes
Chill: 2 hours
Bake: 18 minutes
Cool: 5 minutes
Oven: 350 degrees F.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat three 8-inch round baking pans with nonstick cooking spray for baking; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat butter and olive oil with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat for 3 to 5 minutes or until light. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla, 1 teaspoon of the lemon peel, and the lemon flavoring. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture and half of the plain yogurt; beat until combined. Repeat with remaining flour and yogurt. Divide batter among prepared pans. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pans and cool thoroughly on wire racks.
4. While cakes bake, in medium bowl combine pudding mix, milk, lemon-flavored yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, marshmallow creme and limoncello liqueur, if using. Beat with a hand or portable mixer 2 minutes. Cover and chill until needed.
5. Place one cooled cake layer on serving platter; top with half of the filling. Add another cake layer and remaining filling. Top with remaining cake layer.
6. In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and enough lemon juice to make a spreading consistency; spread atop cake. Chill until serving. Garnish with berries.